Monday, June 6, 2011

Ocean

I stand by the shore
Looking out at your blue-green expanse
I see jeweled specks of sunlight
Shimmering on your calm surface
Dancing and playing a game of peek a boo

I listen to your waves
Gliding backwards and forwards
And watch your foam gather momentum
at the edge
Sucking in and spewing out
Sand and pebbles flung about

As I stand there, you pull me
Into your majesty and mystery,
You take me down to your depths
To your bed, where you sing
Your timeless tunes

For time, that plague of humans
Is Unheard of in your eternal motion.
It is here I find a trace of memory,
Of being one with you and part of you,
Oh, timeless, joyous ocean.

7 comments:

  1. A lovely ode, Rachael, to something that you obviously appreciate. The ocean holds so many dangers, but it also provides so much, not least the joy we feel from being next to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachael, that is a beautiful tribute to the ocean. Where would we be without the ocean and all the sources of water on earth?

    An amazing write, Rachael. :)Really peaceful to read and enjoy. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Eamaon and Susan. Eamon regarding your comment about the ocean holding many dangers, when I posted this on W4all, the next one I posted after that was "Drowning" which deals with the unromantic side of the ocean.

    Thanks also Susan for your nice comments. Rachael x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great poem to begin your blog, Rachael..A really fine tribute to the beauty, power, majesty and mystery of the sea...Lovely one!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Rachael! It is just so peaceful and calming and other worldly. I will come back to this again, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you both Barbara, and Buttercup for your comments. Ooh, Buttercup I love that nice red flower beside your name. Rachael x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Rachael. That is a lovely rose that grows in my front garden every year.

    ReplyDelete