Thursday, December 20, 2012


Tuesday 11th December 2012

Life Continues Within

I find myself looking at the piece of art work on my wall done by my good friend Ed, and I smile knowing to an extent the amused consternation it causes and some people just say hmm… ‘Yes Rachael’ and move on quickly to something else or change the subject.


The picture as you will see from the link shows a woman lying in her coffin and above her spirit is at last free from material existence.  While I can acknowledge that death is a frightening and very painful subject for many of us, particularly when we experience bereavement, we naturally want to avoid the subject, but to me, this picture reminds me of the eternal dimension to life rather than just the few limited decades we have on earth where there is very often pain and frustration and things we don’t understand.
To me this picture serves as a reminder that ultimately all is well.


2 comments:

  1. A very interesting picture and the spirit free from the clothes of this world, an interesting thought. I hope there is an eternal dimension to life and that I will see my father again. We are only passing through life on earth and I think this is indeed the place of pain, nice to think we will be free from angst in the next life. Love Maire X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely believe there is Máire. I remember once trying to make out why my Dad had smiled at a remark a friend had made when we were school kids and he was in the kitchen. My Dad was the silent type and not that good at communication so sad to say I would not have had the type of relationship where I could comfortably say 'Dad why are you smiling'? However years later a revelation came to me why he was smiling at the particular remark and then I looked at the calendar and discovered it was his birthday though he was long dead at this stage. Then I had a feeling of desolation at Ann's graveside followed by an instant warm feeling of being comforted, of being looked out for which in turn would help to give me the strength to look out for others. It's all to do about love in the end isn't it, though certain people in our lives make that very difficult, but then that's the challenge of living here on planet earth I suppose, that and making the best of whatever life has dealt us as well as picking up the pieces and starting again after we make mistakes, and hopefully learning from them.

    Rachael xx

    ReplyDelete