Thursday, December 20, 2012

Turbulent Storm


Monday 10th December 2012

Today I ask myself what was the significance of a very vivid dream I had last night about an extremely turbulent storm.

I consult a book I have on dreams to see what light I can throw on the dream and as I write these words ‘throw light’, it actually brings back to mind the vividness of the dream because there was a strong flash of lightening in the dream, so consulting “The Book of Dreams” by Brian Innes, (Published by Random House, New York, Toronto, London, Sydney, Auckland) I find for lightening it says:


“Lightening, a common symbol for sudden revelation.  It may be a sign of spiritual inspiration and enlightenment; or it may represent a good idea that has just struck the dreamer – and, hopefully, it will be remembered on awakening!”

Ah the positive aspect, and now we come to the negative interpretation starting with the word ‘but’. Yes I knew there had to be a ‘but’ somewhere.


“But lightening is also destructive, striking trees and buildings and setting them on fire, and killing unwary people.  Other circumstances in the dream will be an aid to it’s interpretation.”

I must confess I’m drawing blanks on this.  Interesting one.



2 comments:

  1. Rachael,
    I have a fear of lightening so your dream and the interpretation is a revelation to me!! The but part really applies to me, I wrote a poem about it once..... I was a child again, sheltering under a tree, terrified of being struck by lightening and dying alone in the street.

    Dreams are a release and a filter for the clutter we gather in our minds, yours must have had a lot of de-cluttering to do that you had sparks flying LOL. It is intriguing what vivid dreams we have from time to time and sometimes the meaning comes clear a while afterwards so be mindful when you get a sudden brain wave!! Love your blog, you raise some very interesting subjects. I am reading Sonas, a lovely book on Celtic Thoughts on Happiness by Catherine Conlon. I have turned off the television and am sitting by the fire here, cosy and warm and am going to read for the evening. I also put two of John O'Donoghue's books on my Santa list and hope I get them :)) Love his words of wisdom. Love Maire....shutting down the computer now. Hope you get my post, sent it today as I had to put it together which took time. If not tomorrow, Monday I hope. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Máire, sparks flying, being prodded to wake up most likely LOL.

    I bought that book Sonas a few years ago and then I think I sent it to Millie in Australia. I loved it, but what I was really intrigued about when I read it, there was a section in it about neighbours of ours in Rathgar when I was growing up who had a chemist shop. They were called Glicks. They were a Jewish couple and she was also called Rachel. I forget the husband's name, but they were lovely people and we knew them from going in and out of the shop. They were very devoted to one another and their little dog. They had no children and tragically, all three of them were burnt to death in a house fire. I think that may have happened some time after they were retired and shop sold.

    It was funny because I just liked the look of the book when I was browsing and decided to buy it and then I got such a surprise when I found the little piece on the Glicks, although I had already heard about the tragedy of their death, but nice I suppose in the sense that one or other of them were not left behind grieving.

    I love the card as you know by now because you got my text which I sent immediately when it arrived. You're fantastic Máire or as Mari Maxwell would say, you are truly awesome.

    Rachael xxx

    ReplyDelete